You’ve got your man, your maids and your mom cried when you "said yes to the dress!"
But what will your bridesmaids sport on your big day? You want them to feel beautiful and honored at your wedding because these are your GIRLS! They’ve been by your side through thick and thin. You want to choose a dress that reflects your wedding style and a combination of your ladies' tastes. Insert all the feels.
First things first. You need your wedding color scheme, your wedding date, a venue and to select your own wedding dress before your bridesmaid dresses are picked out. This will help you narrow down your options with color, and even the material & length of the dress depending on the season.
- DO NOT give them a Pinterest free-for-all! If you have specific things in mind, you aren’t a ‘Bridezilla’ for having a preference.
- Include them in the decision, but don’t let their opinions overwhelm you. It might be smart to pick your top 3 bridesmaid dress options with someone you trust, like your mom or the maid of honor, and then get feedback on styles and pricing from all your bridesmaids. Encourage them to be honest, yet open-minded.
- Be sure that your dress is distinctly different, yet complimentary to the bridesmaid dresses. You want to stand out as the bride, but also look great as a group.
- Oftentimes, the bridal shop where you purchased your wedding dress will offer a discount on bridesmaid dresses if they are bought at the same place. Offer this as an incentive for your ladies!
- Think inside a box. If you are having a tough time finding dresses in stores or if your bridesmaids live all over the country you can always look into some online rental options such as Rent the Runway or Union Station.
There are so many gorgeous wedding trends around bridesmaid dress combinations right now! We’ve seen plenty of brides highlighting her Maid of Honor with a slightly different dress than the other bridesmaids. We've even seen mismatched combinations of colors, textures and cuts within the group. All are beautiful! But, regardless of if you want to jump in on these trends or keep it classic - know you can’t go wrong! This day will offer you, your groom, and all your friends and family so many memories and joy. Pick bridesmaid dresses that honor your style and preferences and move on to the important part - make your maids feel as loved and beautiful as they truly are!